Saturday, March 10

just a thought

I recognize that my writing skills are horrid lately but I just wanted to write down this one thought.

I went for a run last night, and I started to think about how a person's environment manipulates the character of an individual, though the individual has some way to feedback a bit and modify the manipulator.

I thought about how a plant will respond to it's environment. If a gardener give the plant food, water, and sun, the plant is pretty much forced to grow. If a gardener does not give those necessities, the plant has no choice but to not grow, wither, and die.

Much in the same way that a few factors can determine plant growth, I was thinking about how our environment (culture, geography, technology, everything) manipulates us, just like a gardener, into becoming the individual that we have been, are, and will grow to be. I'm also thinking about how past experiences can hinder or exacerbate the current conditions of the environment (if you are experienced in handling verbal conflict, it'll be much easier to handle the next argument you encounter than for someone who does not)

I'm thinking of how interesting it must be for children, who have no experience, to grow from the environment-gardener.

Just a thought. Time to get ready for work.

No comments: